Class Size: 16 seats
Start Date: 5/7/19
Duration: 10 amazing weeks
Cost: $450 for subscribers, $500 for nonsubscribers
Picture yourself in a bookstore. You’re aimlessly browsing the shelves when one you decide to take a closer look at one particular book. In the sea of other books around it, what piqued your interest about that one particular book?
Chances are you picked up the book because of the cover. Book covers are an exciting area in the illustration world and comes with its own special techniques and opportunities.
What you will learn:
- Drawing and design techniques specific to illustrating book covers
- How to capture a larger narrative in a single image
- How to use type and illustration together in a dynamic way
- How to generate creative content that is interesting and tells a story
- How to work with clients. This includes presentation techniques as well as business advice on pricing and what to expect when you get hired to do a professional cover.
- How to overcome your own individual problems, with weekly feedback from Jaime and Lee
How It Works:
This is an interactive class, with homework and personal feedback. Every week, Jaime and Lee will release a video lecture and homework assignment. Students will then have a week to watch the video and turn in the homework, which Jaime and Lee will critique individually via video. This format allows for a very flexible schedule - students can stream the lectures and do the homework on their own time, so long as the homework is turned in by the deadline.
- cancellation up to 14 days before class starts: full refund
- cancellation 1 - 13 days before class starts: 75% refund
- cancellation during the first week of class: 50% refund
- cancellation during the second week of class and after: 0%
Please Note: When you enroll, we are reserving your seat, and others are not able to sign up. Because it can be challenging to fill seats when there are last minute cancellations, we only offer partial refunds once we are within 13 days of the class start date. However, if you are able to sell your seat to another student, we are happy to give a full refund 😀