About the Instructor
Will Terry has been a freelance illustrator for 23 years. He got his start working for magazines and newspapers in the Washington D.C. area. His early clients include publications such as Time, Money, WSJ and ads for Sprint, Pizza Hut, Fed Ex, and Master Card. He has illustrated about 30 children’s books for a number of publishers, including Random House, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, and Penguin. He works out of his home studio in Utah.
Learn how to use the iPad Pro to go from concept to drawing, to finished digital painting.
In this tutorial you will be shown the major tools in Procreate following the official Procreate PDF. Will Terry demonstrates how he uses some of the tools to create drawings and digital paintings. Then you will be guided through two very different demo approaches to create print ready illustrations.
Some of what you will learn:
- How to navigate Procreate’s gallery and sharing tools
- How to use layers, brushes, modifying brushes, perspective guides, smudge, straight line, color picker, swatches, - pressure curve, eye dropper, hue saturation, transform, lasso, masks, and much more.
- How to choose a proper pixel size for your canvas
- Digital pencil techniques.
- Finishing an illustration with digital colored pencils.
- Finishing a digital painterly painting.
What you need:
- An iPad Pro
- Apple pencil
- Procreate app. (You can still benefit if you have a regular iPad but will have a harder time getting the same results...other pressure sensitive tablets will work if you can get the Procreate app on them) If you have any questions for Will about this class, email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org