The road to mastering drawing starts here.
There is often a mystery that clouds the visual arts with confusion and uncertainty. This is largely because most of us were never given serious art instruction in our adolescent years. Jake Parker breaks down the fundamentals of basic drawing and cuts through the fog with so much clarity you'll be saying, "I could do that".
This course takes you from simple line construction under-drawings all the way to solid render lines of objects and characters, including his famous "Skull Chaser!" If you struggle with drawing characters, objects, or any form, you will understand how easy it can be if you follow his simple instructions.
In this class you will learn:
- how to use simple shapes as the groundwork for any object
- how to draw those simple shapes in perspective
- how those shapes can be used to construct a tree, car, or character and virtually anything
- how the under-drawing is essential to drawing complex objects
This class is 10 weeks long and includes weekly draw-overs and personal instruction from Jake.
The first 5 weeks we go over fundamental instruction. Assignments are exercises based on these fundamentals.
The last 5 weeks are weekly drawing assignments beginning with simple objects and progressing to more complex drawings like characters and vehicles.
Each week you get a personalized video review of your assignment from Jake with specific instruction on how you can improve your drawings.
- cancellation up to 14 days before class starts: full refund
- cancellation 1 - 13 days before class starts: 75% refund
- cancellation during the first week of class: 50% refund
- cancellation during the second week of class and after: 0%
Please Note: When you enroll, we are reserving your seat, and others are not able to sign up. Because it can be challenging to fill seats when there are last minute cancellations, we only offer partial refunds once we are within 13 days of the class start date. However, if you are able to sell your seat to another student, we are happy to give a full refund 😀
Week 1 - Introduction, Tools, and Exercises
Assignment 01 - 3 Exersizes
The 3 Elements
Eye vs Brain
1 - Paper
2 - Pencils
3 - Pens
4 - Erasers
5 - Markers
Drawing Exercises Introduction
1 - Upside Down Drawing
2 - Contour Line Drawing
3 - Negative Space Drawing
Drawing Exercises Print Packet