In this course, Lee opens up a plethora of new mark-making possibilities, shifting the focus from precision to making a beautiful mess. Rolling out large areas of ink with brayers, subtracting ink with paper towels, and masking areas with torn paper and masking fluid are just a few of the techniques students will learn in this course.
Lee takes students through 3 complete inking demos - starting with large simple shapes, moving to more details with a landscape, and finishing with a hot air balloon scene that incorporates all the techniques, including adding fine details and even some stenciling.
This course will help you develop your ability to take risks - an incredibly important part of developing your creativity.
In this class you will learn:
- Experimental inking techniques using various types of inks and tools
- How to create different types of masks, enabling you to protect areas of your work area in different stages of the work
- How to quickly lay down large areas of ink and quickly subtract, add or manipulate those areas
- How to turn basic shapes into beautiful stylized objects
- How to create and blend textures, layers and details
- How to free yourself of the typical confines - becoming more uninhibited and more creative.
*Try SVSLearn for free. A credit card is required to start the free trial, but there is NO CHARGE during the trial period. After the trial is up, you will be automatically enrolled in the subscription and charged, unless you cancel.
Tone and Masks
PDF: Experimenting with Ink
About this course
- 9 lessons
- 3.5 hours of video content
- 7 Videos
- 1 Download