Dynamic Expression: Heads and Hands
Take your illustrations up to the next level!
When including figures in your illustrations, give yourself a technical advantage by learning to draw heads and hands accurately.
This 9 week course will start with the fundamentals and gradually add information allowing you to confidently understand and utilize your photo reference or allow you to create head and hand poses directly from your imagination.
In this class you will learn how to:
- Draw a basic head from a variety of angles
- Draw basic hands in multiple poses and variety of angles
- Understand the distinctions between male, female and child head and hand proportions.
- Build on the simple forms to develop more complex anatomy
- Create finished renderings of heads and hands in variety of media
This class will consist of 9 weekly classes. All class content will be downloadable and you can watch it at your convenience (you can take this class no mater what time zone you are in!) You will then do your assignment and upload it to the class website. Weekly video critiques of your work will be provided. In addition, there will be an active discussion area where you can ask questions at any time.
This class will consist of video lectures, demos, and PDF handouts.
Included with the class:
- Access to all class materials during your enrollment
- Discussion area to ask question during the week
- Downloadable homework and resource files
- Weekly video critiques
- Basic level of drawing ability
- Good internet connection
- Monochromatic drawing/painting supplies (digital and physical media will both work well for the course)
Class will start on Tuesday June 5th
Each week content will be released at 12 noon (PST) for you to watch at your convenience. Classes are pre-recorded so you DO NOT have to be able to watch them on Tuesdays specifically.
- Cost is $500 for non-SVSlearn members and $450 for SVSlearn subscribers. If you want the subscription price simply to to our site and subscribe either yearly or monthly before you purchase this class
- Enrollment is limited to 18 students
- There will be weekly homework assignments (plan for this!)
- cancellation up to 14 days before class starts: full refund
- cancellation 1 - 13 days before class starts: 75% refund
- cancellation during the first week of class: 50% refund
- cancellation during the second week of class and after: 0%
Please Note: When you enroll, we are reserving your seat, and others are not able to sign up. Because it can be challenging to fill seats when there are last minute cancellations, we only offer partial refunds once we are within 13 days of the class start date. However, if you are able to sell your seat to another student, we are happy to give a full refund 😀