This course was great, I learned a lot of useful information I wouldn't have realized or ever found out from other drawing classes I've taken. He talks about various anatomy types and how to do poses shorthand which I found very helpful for my imp...
I enjoyed this course and especially enjoyed the pdf notes and workbook attached. It allowed me to easily follow the lesson and try the activities as the instructor did them on the screen. The only thing is that I felt that this was more of an ana...
About the Instructor
For the last 19 years Jake has worked on everything from animated films to comics to picture books. For several years he worked for Reel FX and Blue Sky Studios on such projects as Horton Hears a Who, Rio, and Epic. He is the creator of the popular Inktober drawing challenge. Jake currently works as an illustrator and cartoonist on children's books and comics. He works out of his home studio in Utah.
Every story needs a hero.
From knights in shining armor to gun toting anti-heroes to plucky sidekicks and time traveling ninja moms Jake Parker teaches an in depth course on designing and drawing main characters for your next big project.
In this class you will learn:
- the 4 principles of designing characters
- how to apply these principles to a range of characters
- the differentiating visual and physical attributes of characters
- an approach to basic human anatomy
- how to draw great poses
- how to create a hierarchy of focal points
- how to design clothing and accessories
- methods of working up from a thumbnail sketch to finished drawing
This class includes:
- PDF download of the class notes
- PDF workbook download with 13 drawing exercises